This new law involves some web modifications in a visual and informative level as described below.
What’s the new cookies law?
The Cookies Law obligates webpages the duty of:
- Explaining what is a cookie.
- Inform users that cookies are used at their web and also in third party webpages.
- Explain how they can be deactivated.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on a user computer or mobile device. Cookies identify users’ browser or device in an anonymous way.
Cookies itself, don’t collect personal information in most of the cases and don’t identify specific users. Cookies are mostly used to compile information about the user behavior in a webpage.
Types of Cookies
In general terms Cookies can be classified as:
- Cookies from the main web: these are established by the webpage owner in order to improve the user navigation.
- Third Party Cookies: these are cookies from a third party (another business) that are applied while entering a specific webpage. As for example; cookies from Google Analytics, Google Adwords of affiliate systems.
Depending on the length of the cookies there might be:
- Login cookies: these cookies will only stay on a user device until they stop browsing.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies will stay on a user computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted depending on the webpage that enabled these cookies.
Guillermo VILAS Tennis Academy
Guillermo VILAS Tennis Academy informs through this webpage that:
- Cookies are associated with an anonymous user and will not be giving any personal information.
- The user can set up its browser to notify and decline cookies sent from Guillermo VILAS Tennis Academy or from third parties.
- The exploitation of this page and its use implies full acceptance of the European Cookies Law.
Guillermo VILAS Tennis Academy Cookies
Guillermo VILAS Tennis Academy uses the following cookies:
Cookies from the main web – These cookies are strictly necessary in order to provide our web contents and ensure the functionality and performance of the visit to our webpage.
Google AdWords Cookie – this cookie counts the conversions from Google advertising.
Google Analytics Cookie – this cookie is activated with analytic purposes in order to generate statistic and information reports about how users found the web and how they use it.
How to deactivate or setup cookies
From your browser you can setup your cookie configuration. The following links will take you to your browser setup:
In case of doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org